OEKOWI® system training: Bringing the economy, society and ecology together in harmony
OEKOWI® is a management game based on economic and political science. It is suitable for use in higher secondary schools (Gymnasien) and universities. Based on a computer-supported simulation, the network of connections between economics and commerce, between state and company management are revealed, and in particular topics covering ecology and sustainability are also included. The situation in the model state of "Oekoland" can be sustainably improved through intensive collaboration of the various game groups (households, companies and government, sometimes including pressure groups or the press). The management game communicates understanding of market and economic connections and their interdependencies, and also clearly presents the effects of targeted ecological behaviour. The conflicting goals of state and entrepreneurial management and those of society are deliberately addressed.
- reveals basic connections between the economy, society, the state and ecology using a holistic model
- allows the participants to take concrete decisions in various fields of the economy, society and state
- enables insights into selected areas of the total economic process and promotes debate on economic problems
- strengthens creativity as well as public speaking and presentation skills
- is able to integrate related topics such as: current topics in the economy, political science, ecology, protection of resources etc.
Areas of use
- Higher secondary schools (Sekundarstufe II ), (adult education colleges, vocational schools (Maturitätsschulen, Berufsschulen))
- Universities of applied science (Fachhochschulen), universities
- Adult education
Duration of game
3-5 days, as a project week
The game facilitators are the teachers or lecturers of the educational institution making use of OEKOWI®. The Foundation will train them in a two-day course to be game facilitators.
The next training course dates